Outlook is a widely used email in the world, which is also related to some users` Microsoft accounts such as Windows accounts. In addition, Outlook can helps us a lot for example we can Recover Windows 8 Password through Outlook account. However, when you log in your Outlook account and open the email, the error 0x8004010F will show up in your sight, which means Outlook data file cannot be accessed or The operation failed, an object could not be found. There are 2 normal reasons for the failure of outlook data file accession and operation: multiple OAB version folders exist of the same type or OST file had become either corrupt or unusable. If you receive the note, your outlook data file cannot be accessed, and you need to follow this article to get the 2 free methods to fix outlook data file error in Outlook 2016/2013/2010.
What`s more, if you forgot your Outlook password, you can refer to Outlook password recovery to recover Outlook password free.
Method1. Fix outlook data file error by repairing Outlook installation
Something like Outlook update, installing- add-ins, or other possible changes on system may need you to repair Outlook installation, then these problems will be fixed possibly. So if your Outlook data file cannot be accessed, repairing Outlook installation is a useful tip. Follow the steps below to repair Outlook installation.
Repair installation in Outlook 2016:
• 1. Navigate to Control Panel and click Programs.
• 2. Select Programs and Features and search Microsoft Office 2016 in the list as well as highlight it.
• 3. Click Change, select Quick Repair then Repair later.
Repair installation in Outlook 2013/2010:
• 1. Open the Control Panel and click Programs.
• 2. Tap Programs and Features and search Microsoft Office 2013 in the list then highlight it.
• 3. Select Change, Repair and Continue later. After repairing, try the sync again.
Method2. Fix outlook data file error by restarting PST File
Sometimes when you receive the note of“Outlook data file cannot be accessed”may due to Outlook tool cannot recognize destination of PSF file, so the PSF file can`t respond to the file you want to open.
You can choose restarting PST File to fix Outlook data file error with the steps by upcoming the task detailed below, many users have come up with the good results by using this method.
1.Open Control Panel and click on Mail, then select E-mail Accounts to open the Account Settings dialog box.
2. In the E-mail tab, only select your problematic email account and click Change Folder at the bottom.
3.Choose New Outlook Data File and name up the new file (e.g. TEST), then click OK. Now expand the new data file (e.g. TEST) and tap the Inbox subfolder, select OK.
4. At Account Settings screen, click Change Folder again. Then select the target data file and folder that you want to store e-mail messages and select OK. The last step is to Close Account Settings and click Send/Receive.
The 2 solutions above can be applied to repair Outlook running in Windows 10/8.1/8/7/XP when outlook data file cannot be opened in outlook 2016/2013/2010. In addition, you can take a free Password Manager For Outlook Emails to recover or protect your Outlook email password.