Lots of Android users have the similar problem when they changed their Windows phone to a new Android device: There are plenty of contacts in my old Windows phone, can I move or transfer all of my contacts from Windows phone to my new Android? If I can, how to do? So we will talk about how to transfer the contacts from your old Windows phone to new Android free and easily without any software.
Before you start to try the tips to transfer contacts from Windows phone to Android phone, preparing the Microsoft Account (Windows Live, Hotmail, Outlook) account, Google account and setup (Add) that account on your Windows Phone are necessary.
Method 1. How to transfer contacts from your windows phone to android by Windows Live (Hotmail)
1. Log-In to your Windows Live (Hotmail) account using a desktop computer.
2.While on the main window, press the drop-down arrow next to “Outlook” and choose “People”.
3.In “People” page, select “Manage” and choose “Export”.
4. Now press “Save” to store the exported contacts file “WLMContacts.csv” on your computer (e.g. on your Desktop). * Remember not to open the CSV file with Excel.
5. Close Windows Live Mail.
Now you have to transfer your Windows Live (Hotmail) contacts to your Google Account with the following steps.
1. Log-In to your Gmail account using a desktop computer.
2. In the main Gmail window, press the drop-down arrow next to “Gmail” and choose “Contacts”.
3. In Contacts page, press “More” menu and select “Import”.
4. Now press the “Choose File” button.
5. Navigate to the location where you saved the Windows Live Contacts file (WLMContacts.csv) in the previous step and “Open” it.
6. Press the “Import” button and wait until the import process is completed.
Now you have to Close Gmail and sync your Android phone with your Gmail Account with the following steps.
1. On the Android phone, go to“Settings">“Accounts and Sync”.
2. Under“Manage Accounts"> select (or“Add”) the Google account you used to import WLM contacts.
3. Finally press“Sync Contacts”.
Now you have finished transferring contacts from your windows phone to android. It is very easy and free. Remember the backup is important. If you need to Password Recovery Windows firstly, you can click the buttons below to have Windows Password Recovery Software free.