You may have experienced the frustrated or mishap of mistakenly closing a excel file while working on it or losing it due to a power failure, a gremlin or a crash in your computer especially when you are doing with your full heart and suddenly it becomes nothing. Here we will tell you the useful way to recover unsaved excel file in Excel 2010 and 2013.
Recover your unsaved files in Excel 2010 and 2013
If you are working on the document in Excel and the program locks up unexpectedly. Don`t worry cause you may not really lose your Excel document and you can recover it if you following the tips below.
1. Go to FILE, and then click Open. Choose Recent Workbooks.
2. Scroll down and click on the Recover Unsaved Workbook button at the bottom of the list.
3. You can also follow the route: File > Info > open the Manage > Workbooks drop-down > select Recover Unsaved Workbooks from the menu.
4. The Open dialog box will pop up, select the necessary file > click Open. Click on the Save As button in the yellow bar above your worksheet and save the file to the desired location.
Recover overwritten Excel files in Excel 2010 and 2013
1. Click on the FILE tab and choose Info on the left-hand pane. Next to the Manage Versions button you'll see all autosaved versions of your document.
2. If your Excel closed incorrectly, the last autosaved file is labeled with the words (when I closed without saving).
Excel automatically saves versions of the workbook at specified intervals, but only if you've made changes to your spreadsheet between these intervals. The name of each version has a date, time and the "autosave" note. When you click any of them, it will open along with the most current versions of your workbook so that you can compare them and see all the changes.
3. When you open the file you want to restore, you'll get the message above your worksheet. Just click on the Restore button in the yellow bar to revert to the newer unsaved version of the workbook.
Here you will know how to recover your unsaved or overwritten Excel 2010 or 2013 files in free way. You can also read the related article Microsoft Office Password Manager to get more tips to handle your Office files password issues. Similar to the Excel files, PDF files are widely used among people, if you have problems about PDF files especially the password, see Best Free Password Manager For Pdf Files.
Download the PDF Password Remover Software to remove your lost PDF files password free.