Generally speaking, there are 2 mode for users to run Firefox, one is normal mode, another one is safe mode. The difference between them are as below :
- Firefox safe mode can disable all add-ons.
- Firefox safe mode can reset toolbars and controls.
- Firefox safe mode can delete all bookmarks except for backups.
- Firefox safe mode can reset all user preferences to Firefox defaults.
- Firefox safe mode can restore default search engines.
With the features of resetting, Firefox safe mode can be used to fix problems and troubleshoot. Obviously, if users want to run Firefox safely, the safe mode of Firefox is a better choice. Now we are going to talk about how to run Firefox in safe mode.
Method 1: Run Firefox in Safe Mode from Command Line
- Open the “Start Menu” and type “run” in the “Search” box. Click on “Run”.
- Type “Firefox-safe-mode” in the blank. Click on the “OK” button.
- If you have enabled “Firefox-Choose User Profile”, this window will open. Select the profile that you wish to run in Safe Mode. Click on the “Start Firefox” button.
- A. If you want to temporarily disable Firefox features:
- Click on the “Continue in Safe Mode” button in the “Firefox Safe Mode” window.
- B. If you want to permanently disable Firefox features:
Select the items that you want to permanently disable. Click on the “Make Changes and Restart” button.
Method 2: Run Firefox in Safe Mode Using Firefox Shortcut
If you want to run Firefox in Safe Mode for a long time and can’t keep typing the command all the time, try this way.
1. Right click Firefox shortcut in desktop and go to Properties. In Target add “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe”-safe-mode. Then click OK.
2.Now when you run Firefox in safe mode, there are 3 choice Disable or Reset will show up in a pop-up box . Check the desired options and click “Continue in Safe Mode” button.
Now you get the most best 2 free ways to run Firefox in safe mode, I think you will be more safer compared to the previously mode you ran.
There are lots of tips for browser security, if you want to know more, see How Is Password Management On An Open Source System. About security tool especially for websites, you can refer to Free Passwords For Websites and get a free trial.