The reasons why people have to close their Microsoft Accounts can be various including using IOS system, forgetting password or account or lost their e-mail. Here are some steps for how to close Microsoft account.
To sign in to services like Hotmail, Messenger / SkyDrive, Windows Phone, Xbox Live, Zune, Office Live, and Outlook.com, you need a Microsoft account which is the combination of an email address and a password. Using a Microsoft account to sign in any PC running Windows 8.1 and 8 is allowed. You can access files and photos anywhere, sync settings, and more in Windows 8.1 and 8.
However, due to the potential danger of Microsoft account in Windows 8.1/8, you may need to close your Microsoft account in Windows 8.1/8 PC or laptop. If you no longer want or need your Microsoft account, read this tutorial is necessary.
How to close your account
Once you’ve taken care of your subscriptions and balances, you can follow these steps:
1. Sign in at account.microsoft.com. If prompted, provide your password.
2. Select Security and then select more security options. You might receive a security code on your phone or in an email to verify that you’re the account owner. If you do, enter the code on the account webpage.
3. Select More security settings.
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page and select Close my account.
5. Review the recommended actions to take before closing your account, and then select Next.
6. Select each of the checkboxes to acknowledge that you have read and understand each.
7. Select Mark account for closure at the bottom of the page. This confirms that you understand that you will lose access to all sites, services, and data associated with your Microsoft account in 60 days.
Other Tips on Microsoft Account in Windows 8.1/8
Tip 1: Add a Microsoft Account to Your Windows 8 PC:
You’ll need to be an administrator. Go to the Charms Bar, Settings, Change PC Settings > Select Users > Add a user.
Now you need only enter the appropriate information and follow the on-screen directions.
Tip 2: Check Whether You’re Signed in with a Microsoft Account:
Go to Settings Charm > tap Change PC Settings > Choose Accounts > click or tap Your account.
If you’re already signed in with a Microsoft account, your name and email address appear above your account picture as in the hideous picture above.Thus, you deleted your Microsoft account successfully. Remember that after you delete an account, you can’t use that Microsoft account anymore to sign in to Windows 8.1/8 and Microsoft products and services.